||Open Until Filled
||NUTRITION SERVICES SUB WORKER
||902 - CHILD NUTRITION SERVICES
|Job File Number:
||Substitutes will be placed on probationary status pending satisfactory evaluations. During the probationary periods, the Substitute may be terminated for good cause. Termination is final; the employee can not appeal during the probationary period.
Employees are assigned, as needed, to assist in preparation, serving and clean up activities for breakfast and lunch in the school cafeterias.
||1. Learn essential job responsibilities of a Nutrition Services Worker through training and on the job experience.
2. Replace absent Nutrition Services Worker.
3. Nutrition Services managers may requests a Substitute through central calling service. Substitute accepts or rejects assignment when contacted by central calling.
4. Assist with providing nutritious meals for students of FWISD which meet school lunch pattern requirements.
5. Follow work schedule or job assignment which is determined by Nutrition Services Manager.
6. Follow and maintain all necessary health and sanitation standards by having current food handler’s card from City of Fort Worth Health Department.
7. Adhere to guidelines for safe work practices as set forth by the FWISD Nutrition Services Department.
8. Demonstrate punctuality, cooperation, and accomplishes tasks within assigned time.
9. Perform other job related duties as assigned
||1. High school diploma or GED preferred.
2. Experience in a food handler environment with some knowledge of food preparation and general food service.
3. Working knowledge of:
a. methods, materials, equipment and appliances used in food preparation.
b. oral and written communication skills.
c. interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
4. Ability to:
a. read recipes and instructions.
b. measure ingredients.
c. count food inventory.
d. follow general food preparation assignments.
e. work flexible hours.
f. travel to different sites as needed.
||Must complete an online application and attach a resume. Two job related reference letters required if hired. Appropriate license(s)/certification(s) required if hired. Official transcripts required if hired. All foreign transcripts must be evaluated through an approved agency.
|Additional Job Information:
||PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REFERENCE
Occasionally (0.33% of day, 0 - 32 repetitions)
Frequently (34.66% of day, 33 - 200 repetitions)
Constant (67-100% of day, > 200 repetitions)
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Primarily indoors, exposed to extreme heat and cold, noise, fumes from gas stoves, and vibration to hands and arms.
A detailed list of physical job requirements is available from the Compensation Department.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.